The General Core Laboratory of Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC) is now equipped with a Meso Scale Discovery SECTORTM Imager 2400 (SI2400)instrument that enables either a single or multiple analytes/biomarkers to be determined simultaneously within a single well using a small amount of sample. It has exceptional sensitivity, wide dynamic range and convenience using a line of custom microplates. The SI2400 instrument accommodates 96- and 384-well single-spot plates as well as 96-well multi-spot plates. This instrument is located in Room A-156.
For currently available commercial assays, you can visit the Meso Scale Discovery website http://www.meso-scale.com/CatalogSystemWeb/WebRoot/products/assays.aspx. The Meso Scale Discovery catalog is available in the institutional SAP-SciQuest system.
The CTSC Core Laboratory currently provides Machine Use Only (User Run) services to all investigators in our institute. To make a reservation to use the instrument, please click here - Reservation Calendar, and follow the SOP in the information page.
ChemiDoc MP system
The ChemiDoc MP system is a full-feature instrument for gel or western blot imaging. It is designed to address multiplex fluorescent western blotting, chemiluminescence detection, and general gel documentation applications. Major features include:
- Multiple imaging capabilities — the ChemiDoc MP imager can accommodate a variety of sample types and detection methods including multiplex fluorescent western blotting. It is the perfect imager to accompany your protein and DNA electrophoresis runs as well as your western blotting experiments. It delivers quantitative, reproducible results for fluorescence, chemiluminescence, and colorimetric detection.
- Stain-free technology — UV-induced fluorescence labeling of proteins in the stain-free gels allows a 2 h Coomassie gel-staining protocol to be condensed into a 5 min stain-and-image step.
- High-sensitivity blot detection — the ChemiDoc MP imaging system offers advanced detection technology that determines optimal exposure, even for faint or intense samples. Superior sensitivity is achieved for chemiluminescence and multiplex fluorescence detection and for colorimetric gel and blot documentation.
- Superior Image Quality — exceptional dynamic range enables visualization of faint and intense bands on same blot or gel. Images are always in focus at any zoom level to ensure publication-ready images in seconds.
- Ease of Use — precalibrated system provides the precise focus for any zoom setting or sample height; automated hands-free operation ensures consistent, reproducible, and high-throughput performance.
The ChemiDoc MP system is located in Room A-156 of the medical college. The CTSC Core Laboratory currently provides a Machine Use Only (User Run) service to all investigators in our institute. To make a reservation for using this instrument, please click here (https://ctsc.med.cornell.edu/ReservationCalendar). To learn how to use the instrument, please click here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edozxR4Hxjw) to watch a Y-tube instruction, or contact Glen at 212-746-6534.