DEADLINE DATE: 5PM ON JANUARY 31, 2019
$5,000 (direct costs only) Planning Grant for four months
Funding Period – March 1, 2019–June 30, 2019
Objective: This is a research planning grant to develop a community based project or program. During the grant period, applicants will develop a research plan, including a timeline for completion and estimated costs.
The Clinical and Translational Science Center (CTSC) of Weill Cornell Medical College invites you to develop a community-based research planning grant that involves collaboration between one of our partner institutions (see above for members of our consortium) and a community based organization. Our focus at the CTSC is to better support communities in their dedication to improving the health of their populations.
The goal of this award is to promote the development of a partnership between academic researchers and community members for the purpose of designing and planning a collaborative research project.
Planning Award Proposals Require:
1. Participants must present an idea for a clinical or non-clinical research project with community engagement and/or involvement. It is expected that applicants may revise the program or research aspects based on feasibility analysis and background research conducted over the course of this planning grant.
2. All proposals must include at least one academic faculty member and one representative of a community based organization.
3. At the end of the funding period, the completed research plan should include: background information, project proposal and timeline for IRB approval.
4. All proposals must include a budget for expenses and a timeline for planned activities.
5. We do NOT expect any research activities to be conducted during this planning grant award period.
Planning proposal should be single space, 11pt font ARIAL and no more than three (3) pages.
Planning Proposal Must Include:
- Idea for a research program or project involving a community that will be developed during funding period.
- Significance of the proposed program or project for the community
- A plan of action to explore feasibility of the research project.
- Discuss the feasibility of the research project to identify challenges that need to be overcome.
- Milestone and outcomes to be accomplished during the planning grant period (March 1, 2019 to June 30, 2019).
- Applications must be e-mailed to Jeff Zhu at Jez2003@med.cornell.edu
Additional Documents Required:
- An NIH format biosketch for the academic partner and a resume for the community organization representative.
- Budget for the planning grant period. Note: This is not a budget for the actual project. We are asking for a budget to develop the project plan.
- Letter of support. If you are an academic, you will need a letter of support from your community partner. If you are a community organization, you will need a letter of support from your academic partner.
- Items not allowed: computers (hardware, laptops, and desktops) and food.
- Funding may be used for personnel support, can buy metro cards, local travel, and cost associated with generating/purchasing data sets.
- Request for funding for travel and or supplies must be directly related to the research project.
- Financial Memorandum of Agreement must be signed prior to release of funds.
- Funding is provided through reimbursements. Proof of expenses must be provided for reimbursement.
For budget questions, please contact Bill McGuinness firstname.lastname@example.org (646-962-8306)