CTEP offers a multitude of skills acquisition courses, seminars and workshops throughout the year designed to enhance translational research careers at any level. Previous workshop topics have included:
- Biostatistics Lecture Series
- Drug Development and FDA Regulations
- Medical Device (Good Clinical Practice) Overview
- Investigator-Initiated Trials and the Role and Responsibilities of the Investigator
- Preparing IND Submissions: How to Organize, Write, Submit and Track Submissions
- Planning and Writing Successful Grant Proposals
- Planning and Writing Successful K Award Proposals
- LGBTQ+ Communications and Health Needs
All workshops require advanced registration and are open to attendees from WCMC and CTSC partner institutions.
Biostatistics Lecture Series
Paul J. Christos, DrPH, MS
Director, CTSC Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and
Research Design (BERD) Core
Associate Research Professor
Healthcare Policy & Research, WCM
This lecture series is geared towards clinical investigators, research staff, and students who are interested in gaining insight into fundamental research design and statistical concepts with a focus on practical knowledge. No prior statistical experience is required and lecture series topics are meant to be stand-alone and do not require attendance at previous lectures.
Advanced registration required. To view 2019-20 dates and RSVP click Here.
Biostatistics Lecture Series: Two-Sample Hypothesis Testing & Confidence Interval Estimation: Applications of the Two-Sample T-Test and Chi-Square Test
Biostatistics Lecture Series: Introduction to Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) and Multiple Comparison Testing